Five Minute Friday Gentleness

 Colossians 3:12

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

          Gentleness does not always come naturally to me. Especially the later that it gets in the evening. By 9 in the evening, I am usually thinking, "Is it bedtime. yet?" I need to remember where my gentleness comes from. It comes from remembering that I am dearly loved. It comes from remembering that my children and my other family members are dearly loved. Gentleness is a gift from the Holy Spirit. If I am struggling with being gentle, I need to get alone with God and my Bible and talk to Him about it. It is comforting to me as a Mom to realize that Jesus had so many people wanting his attention. I have three children. Jesus was surrounded by thousands upon thousands of people. Jesus is my example. He handled interruptions perfectly. May I put on gentleness and compassion daily. My eldest daughter favorite shirt is silky soft. I want to wear compassion like that like a favorite sweater.  May I wear compassion as I guide my children to treat each other with gentleness and compassion. It begins with me.
















Comments

  1. May God help us all to be gentle and compassionate, showing His love to our families and others. Great thoughts here. Blessings to you! I'm your neighbor at Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to 9pm I’m usually reminding myself in the am. Being gentle isn’t always easy but yes we have to remind ourselves of the unconditional love that gives us grace. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handling interruptions really is a test of our gentleness, isn't it? It really is a test of mine as well. May I be gentle and patient as I follow our Lord's example.

    Visiting from FMF#33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally can relate as a mom! Jesus absolutely handled interruptions with so much grace and love, what an example to live by. Yikes, how I fall short. I wrote something similar to your post, at #36 this week.
    Thank you for your post!
    Miccah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating