God makes beautiful things out of the dust

           Yesterday, I received news that left me feeling empty. I wondered if my feelings mattered, if I mattered. I have a playlist that I like to listen to when my emotions threaten to overwhelm me. Some of these songs remind that it normal to experience these feelings at times. Other songs remind me of truth from Gods word and to release my feelings to God. My eldest daughter encouraged me this morning. She told me that she felt emotionally safe and secure in our home. This conversation reminded me that even though sometimes many areas of my life seem broken. God can make beauty out of the brokenness if I keep on surrendering the broken pieces to hm.  “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain” Hebrews 6:19 May I continue to look to the hope that is an anchor for my soul, and share this hope with my children. 







Comments

  1. What a beautiful testimony, Jolene. God sends us words and songs of encouragement just when we need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does! Thank you Anita. I hope you have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I am learning I need to trust his timing. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you've had news that is upsetting. God does use others to remind us of His love and presence and how we are needed in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corinne! I am thankful for the people God put in my life that remind me of His love and presence. I hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  4. Be assured that it is during our dark times, God is still at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thank you for sharing this encouraging truth.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating