Day 22 Knowing the difference between perception and reality

           When I lived in New Mexico, it was imperative for me to anticipate the needs of others. If I didn’t do this, it could cost me greatly. For this reason, I started guessing what others thought about me. Most of the time my assumptions about what others were thinking of me wasn’t favorable. I have learned something in the past three years, people aren’t thinking about nearly as much as I think they are. Also, I learned it is not healthy to relive my middle school angst over whether or not someone likes me. Life is not a popularity contest. What I need to be doing is sharing God’s love with whoever God places in my path. I need to show grace to those around me. I need to let go of faulty perceptions and remember I am child of God.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating