Day 17 The Experience of Moving Forward

            One part of moving forward that I have struggled with the most is that I never want to forget what I have experienced. I am afraid if I forget the lessons that this journey has taught that I might repeat the mistakes that I made. The lessons I learned came at a high price not just for me, but also my family. I never want to make those same mistakes again. I also don’t want to dwell in the past. I don’t want to camp there. I don’t belong there. This is the reason that I chose moving forward as my phrase for 2021. Moving forward does not deny that the past happened. Moving forward means that I can remember that Jesus is my anchor and that I am no longer chained to my past.


                     



Comments

  1. I love that song, I heard it the first time one of the last times my mother was hospitalized. I too never want to forget what God has brought me from and the lessons He has taught me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing a bit of your story. I hope you have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  2. This is such a powerful statement, Jolene, "Moving forward does not deny that the past happened. Moving forward means that I can remember that Jesus is my anchor and that I am no longer chained to my past."

    Thanks for sharing the Danny Gokey song. I had never heard it before listening to your YouTube link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is one of my favorites. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a great day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating