My #0neword Phrase for 2021 is Moving Forward

          
          As 2020 drew to a close, I have felt that I needed a change. It would be easy for me to say that I would like certain circumstances in my life to change. If I am being honest, I realize that often times my circumstances is not what really needs to change; what really needs to change is my attitude concerning my circumstances. I tend to pick apart my past. I am reminded of a line in the Danny Gokey song "Tell Your Hear to Beat Again." It states. "Yesterday's an open door. You don't live there anymore." The truth of Philippians 3:13-14 is one that I need to remember. I want to strain toward what is ahead In 2021, I want to press on. I want to keep moving forward. 



          I have seen God make a way for me and my children, when all seemed dark, and I did not see a path forward. Unfortunately, when I am scared or sorrowful, I lose sight of the fact that God is a Way Maker. This is something that I do not want to forget this year. I want to stop being short sighted. When I don't know how things will work out, I want to turn to the One who holds all things together. I want to keep moving forward one step at a time. 



          Did you pick a word for 2021? I would love to read your word for the year in the comments.


Comments

  1. I have been impressed to leave the past behind and move forward. We can't live in the drudgery from 2020. my word is Confident. https://www.mandyandmichele.com/2021-resolutions/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolene, praying for you to be encouraged as you move forward and press on. My word is Wisdom.https://www.humbleandbold.com/blog/hindsight-is-2020

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating