Five Minute Friday Present

           There have been times in my life where the presence of a, oved one gave me hope. I also remember times where I handled situations with more grace because a friend was there, and I didn't want to fall apart in front of a friend. The day that this happened, I was thinking about the situation and wondered how my reactions to the messes and interruptions would be different if I remember that God has promised that He is with me. Because I have the promise of God's presence, I can offer the gift of presence to others that God has put in my life. This December I want to put my phone away and be unplugged with my children and family. Who do you want to be present with during this season of advent?






Comments

  1. 'Because I have the promise of God's presence, I can offer the gift of presence to others that God has put in my life' - I hadn't thought of it that way before, thank you for this perspective. Wemi, visiting from FMF #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true also about our need for another to sit with us in the presence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ministry, I tell you. Being present. All-in. No distractions. Your children are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scene of grace imagined when we are in front of loved ones. I'd like to be more present with my family too. As always they are my #1 present! Jennifer FMF #6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found that sometimes the best present I can leave is my absence.

    Lord, please place on me the grace
    for friends, to let my presence stay,
    but also let me know my place,
    and when to keep away,
    for there were times when I had thought
    that I had been needed,
    but subtle signs that I ought
    to leave had gone unheeded,
    and I stood in embarrassment,
    having been made aware
    that a place had not been set,
    nor an open chair,
    and it was time for me to go
    back out into the falling snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo Susan's comment above. We call it the ministry of presence in my circles. God bless you.

    Amie, FMF #13

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating