Five Minute Friday Help

       “Mom, I need help!” I probably hear one of my children call out these words to me at least once a day. Sometimes, the request will be followed by the words, “Never mind” as the child has figured out the solution to his or her problem. I am thankful that my kids know that they can come to me for help. Sometimes quite frequently my eldest daughter will ask me for help and then change her mind and decide to solve her problem on her. “I got it. It can do it myself.” I am reminded that I act a lot like my children at times. I think I need to handle problems myself. I need to remember to rely on God, and not just my own understanding. My own understanding can sometimes lead me astray. I also want to remember that God placed me in a family and a community for a reason. I am so thankful for the love and kindness of family and friends. We are better together.





Comments

  1. I often think I want to help others, but my words don't say the same. "Why'd she ask to do that?" or "Why am I always the one who has to...?" Instead, it should be my great pleasure to support those who need it, to come along beside a person struggling.

    Amie, FMF #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help, even when it's inconvenient. God does that for us, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! We are here to be a help! Nice song. Haven't heard it before. Coming from FMF #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to face this on my own,
    but I can't do this myself;
    cancer's back, the tumour's grown,
    and it's time to raid the shelf
    for the God that I forgot
    in my foolish pride;
    He can do what I cannot,
    and what will now betide
    will be according to His will,
    and that I shall accept;
    whatever, if it's cure or kill,
    I will not reject
    the love from death at Calvary,
    the love that binds His heart to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating