Five Minute Friday Reborn

            John 3:7
"Do not marvel that I said to you, you must be born again."

          I was inspired by a statement my Pastor made last Sunday. He said that when Lazarus was raised from the grave they took his grave clothes off. When Jesus rescued me, He told me to take my grave clothes off. The entanglements of sin and shame no longer have power over me. I can live life remembering that I am reborn. I can embrace my freedom in Christ. How would my life look if I lived out freedom every day? How would that impact the people that I interact with daily whether that be strangers God places in my path or my own family members? I will close with a quote from C. S. Lewis, "Obedience is the road to freedom, humility the road to pleasure, unity the road personality."




Comments

  1. The bible doesn't tell us much about Lazarus after he came back to life and i wonder what it was like. Was he with Jesus in Jerusalem at the end. Did he hug, kiss and hold everyone tightly everyday of his life. Did he reach 100 or count the days till he could be back with his saviour. I guess it really don't matter as we all took our grave clothes off the day we met Jesus. Thank you :) a fellow fmfer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I often wonder about Lazarus's story. I wonder what was his life like after he was resurrected and what his sisters lives were like. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. I think about ol' Lazarus,
    and how he must have felt,
    from being underneath the bus
    to when Jesus yelled
    "Come on out, it's not your time
    to rot in that old tomb!"
    Did he hear the church bells chime,
    or did he see the loom
    of the death he'd have to face
    once more, down the years;
    did he see rebirth as grace,
    or did it bring him tears
    to know that all he'd been through
    was something yet again to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words remind of questions that I had about the experience that Lazarus had being resurrected. Thank you for sharing this poem. I am praying for you and Barb

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating