Five Minute Friday Love is Patient

1 Corinthians 13:4
 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

          I hate to admit it, but I am not a patient person. Sometimes, when I am becoming impatient with my children, they will tell me that they are trying. I will respond, "Yes, you are trying my patience." I know that this is not the most understanding response. I want to set a better example. I want to be humble and kind to those that I interact with especially my children. I realize that patience will never come naturally to me, and that I need to cry out to my loving heavenly Father for help. This past month has been full of lessons for me and my children, as my children have adjusted to online e-learning. I have been learning right alongside my children about kindness, love and gentleness. I hope that we all look back on this season fondly once our lives get back to normal.   

 

Comments

  1. You say that patience will never come naturally to you, but I think that is ok. That is an area that you have a weakness, and so it is a place where God's strength can shine through. Lean into him for strength in this area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reminder for 2 Corinthians 12. I hope that you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. You are not alone. Thanks for being honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Love, it should have patience,
    and love, it should be kind,
    but thinking through these statements
    I seek and in the moment find
    a deeper and a harsher truth,
    that love must sometimes take a stand,
    for it can be its own proof
    when things get out of hand,
    to rise and say, "Enough's enough!"
    like Jesus turning over tables,
    whipping folks, and other stuff
    not mentioned in the kiddies' fables;
    steel fist took place of velvet glove
    and brought the world the first Tough Love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating