Build up one another (Five Minute Friday Another)

1 Thessalonians 5:11        
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

          I have been encouraged by the kindness of others. My youngest daughters teacher has offered to bring books that she had planned on giving to her students and placing them in our mailbox. I know my daughter is going to be so happy to receive the books from her teacher. I am thankful for my friends who keep in touch with me through phone, text, email, and even Facebook. I am thankful to be a part of a community even when we are staying at home. I am thankful for daily phone calls from my sister. It is so good to stay in touch. I want to keep my eyes open for opportunities to encourage others and build up those that God has placed in my life. What are some ways that you have been encouraged recently? Do you have any ideas on how to build others up?


Comments

  1. There is, in my neighbourhood,
    a chap whose wife is ill,
    and so we thought of something good
    (we had some time to kill).
    We bought balloons and rock CDs,
    and ribbons of bright colour,
    because we thought that we might please
    a man loved like a brother.
    We gave a party from the walk,
    keeping six feet distance;
    he came out to the porch to talk,
    and at his wife's insistence
    admitted, as his face turned red
    of the happy tears he'd shed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing Andrew. I am praying for you and Barb.

      Jolene

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating