Day 20 Thinking of Sparrow Can Bring Shalom

Natthew 10:29-31
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[a] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

          I don't have to hold the world together, God already does. This is a truth that I remind myself of frequently. I used to think that not only did I have to take care of my family, but caring for my family meant that I had to do everything for them. My parents are helping me see that it is better and healthier to teach my children how to do things for themselves, and then take a step back and let them do it for themselves. I have been blessed this week to see my son come home from school, and complete a school project all by himself on the first day of a long spring break. I am so proud of him. It is a hard habit to break thinking that I have to take care of everything, but I am learning to not hold things with such a death grip, because "God's eyes are on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."


Comments

  1. Let Go and Let them grow up and do...Smart parenting. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I hope that you are doing well, and that you have a lovely day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating