Day 19 Pursuing Shalom Produces Endurance

          Trials will occur. They are a part of life. We have a choice about how we view a trial. We can sink in despair and ask "God why me?" or we can ask God "What are You trying to teach me?" We can also ask God, "Help me abide with you in the middle of this storm." "Teach me Lord what you want me to learn from this trial." Remembering that trials are a part of living life in this broken world helps and surrendering to God in the midst of trials produces endurance. I am reminded of the scripture from the book of James.

James 1:2-4 nConsider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 

 When looking back on the trials that I have gone through I am thankful that God had a purpose and a plan for my life even in the midst of trials, and that God is good all the time.






Comments

  1. Amen. He has been so faithful! Thank you for sharing this song--this group was my daughter's favorite so many years ago. And what a precious reminder that He has been faithful in her life too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by BettieG! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating