Day 1 Beginning the journey of pursuing Shalom

          Before I begin to pursue Shalom in my everyday life, I need to understand what Shalom is. I found a great definition of the word Shalom on the Precepts Austin blog. Shalom means completion or fulfillment. It means wholeness, unity, and reconciliation. As the year 2019 came to a close, I knew that I needed shalom, and not just for me but for my children and extended family. There is only one place to find true shalom, and that is in Jesus. I have found that in the month of January that I have to chose each day to chose shalom. Choosing shalom is surrendering my emotions to God and running to Him when I am sad, fearful, lonely, or angry. Choosing shalom is remembering that God is in control and with me no matter what circumstances I face or emotions I may feel. In trusting that God is in control, I can find rest in God's sovereignty and His love for me and embrace shalom.



You can learn more about what Precepts Austin has to say about the concept of Shalom here.





Comments

  1. I love that you are sharing your shalom journey with us. I agree with you when you say, " Choosing shalom is remembering that God is in control." I feel that is the crux of the matter in all issues of our Christian walk - do we trust He is in control and has our best interest in mind? If so, then we should be at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that remembering that God is in control and has our best interest at heart is the crux of the matter of all issues of our walk with God. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating