Day 6 Embracing Shalom in Community

           I spent a couple of years feeling very isolated. I craved community, but I felt like I stood on the outside looking in. In my relationships, I have learned that being the kind of friend that I wish that I had greatly blesses my relationships. I used to feel awkward emailing or texting a friend just to say, "Hi!" I now know that a "How are you doing really?" message may brighten someones day. Embracing shalom in my community also means being willing to listen to other peoples stories, including the ones that are very different than my own. I want to empathize and seek to share words of life, hope and peace with friends, loved ones, and anyone that I may interact with in my daily life.
         


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating