Day 3 Finding Joy in Shalom

          I remember the day that my daughter said something funny a couple of years ago, and I laughed, a great big belly laugh kind of laugh. My children laughed at me because I was laughing so hard at my daughters joke. I hadn't laughed like that in a long time. Right then and there, I decided to try to lighten up, and find opportunities to laugh more often with my children. I have found that in seeking shalom in my everyday life, that if I am truly at peace with God and others, that I don't take things too seriously, and the laughter comes more easily.  I want to be a fun mom, and unfortunately I don't think that my kids would always characterize me as fun. Even more than that, I want to be a joyful mom. I want my children to know that I enjoy spending time with them, and that just being with them brings me so much joy. What are some things that bring you joy? Please share about them in the comments.        


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating