Day 2 Pursuing Shalom Takes Intention

          I remember as a young mom trying to read my Bible and pray before my children woke up. I would leave my bedroom after my quiet time feeling good and ready to start my day with my children. It wasn't long though before my two oldest children were arguing with each other and my baby was crying. I would feel bad, and I would be perplexed that I had felt so peaceful ten minutes before. I wondered, what happened? What went wrong? What could I have done differently? In the years since then I have learned that it takes intentionality to pursue shalom. Isaiah 26:3 states, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." To succeed in intentionally pursuing peace, I need to fix my eyes on Jesus. I need to remember that He is with me. I need to trust in His goodness. I need to ask Him to help me, to lead me, and give me wisdom. What do you do to intentionally pursue peace in your life?

Comments

  1. I love this. I personally try to get up at least an hour before my husband (my time for kids is long gone!) and have my coffee, some quiet time for myself and with the Lord in His Word. It sets up my day perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get better about getting up before my children. I noticed that when I do, my children have a much more peaceful mother helping them get ready for school. I do agree that it sets up my day perfectly when I do this. Thank you for stopping by. I hope that you have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. I spend time in nature to pursue peace in life :). In nature I find God's handiwork so amazing that my mind focuses on the wonder and leaves those pesky ruminations behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love getting outside and enjoying God's creation. I am the type of mom that point out sunsets and rainbow and other things of beauty in nature to my kids.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating