Day 13 God knows the exact number of hairs on my head

The truth that God knows the very number of hairs on my head is such a comfort to me. God knows me better than I know myself, and He loves me anyway. This truth has been so perspective shifting to me. I want to be known and understood, but I don't really have to worry that others know and understand me because I am fully known and understood by God.

Galatians 1:10 10Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

I want to be a servant of Christ. I can find peace in my relationship with Him. I don't need to be hyper focused on what others think about me. I used to try to guess what people were thinking. It was skill I thought that I needed to maintain peace in my toxic marriage. I have learned that it is not my job to know what others are thinking. Instead I can be curious about what they are thinking and create a safe place for others to share their thoughts and feelings. Who can you be a safe place for today?


Comments

  1. You're a GAL 1:10!!!! My granddaughter had major revelation because of this scripture in her senior year of high school - it has molded her to this day 5 years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am learning this lesson a little late as I was raised with the desire to please those I loved, and that created some unhealthy patterns in my adult life. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating