Day 10 Experiencing Shalom

Psalm 29:11
The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.

          My strength and peace come from God. He is the only source for true strength and true peace, but I too often forget and try to find strength in peace in other counterfiet ways. I want a quick fix. I want to distract myself. I want to pretend that I feel peace when I don't. I want pretend that I have it all together, or that I have it all figured out when I don't. Then, I wonder why I am not feeling peaceful. It is because I am looking for peace in the wrong places. Peace is found in surrendering to God. Peace is found in reminding myself that I am God's child. This is the only way to find true shalom to find shalom in God's presence. 



         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating