What freedom meant to me in 2019 (Wrap up of #OneWord365)


         On January 1, 2019, I knew that I needed to embrace freedom in Christ. The previous year had been one of change and transition for myself, my children, and even my parents. I needed to be reminded of who I am. One day I was reading Romans 11, and read these words that I found greatly encouraging, "For the gifts and calling of God are unchangeable."  I am thankful that God's calling does not change even as my circumstances change. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8) I have found that live a life of freedom that I need to preach the gospel to myself everyday. When I am scared and struggling with decision fatigue, I need to pour my heart out to God, and ask Him for wisdom and guidance. Psalm 62:8 "Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

Last night, I enjoyed a movie night with my mom. We watched the movie Overcomer which we both highly recomend. In this movie one of the characters is encouraged to glean truths about who she is in Christ from Ephesians 2. Here are the truths that I need to remind myself of every day. I am adopted into God's family. I am redeemed by God's grace. I am forgiven. I am loved, and living a life of freedom is simply living like I am loved. I am no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating