I Am New (A #OneWord Update)

          In the last couple of weeks, I have been seeking peace in all of my relationships. Romans 12:18 "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." I will admit that some days that this is easier than others. Someone close to me apologized  in September   for deeply hurting me. When he apologized I had already forgiven him, but I struggled being able to tell him that I forgave him. I felt like if I told him that I forgave him that it would be saying that it was okay that I was deeply hurt. I now realize that forgiveness is not saying that the pain and the hurt do not matter. It is saying that God can take something that others meant to harm me and use it for good. I came to this realization after hearing the testimony of a new friend and how she forgave someone who caused her greater pain than the pain I experienced. After hearing my friend's story I reached out to the person that hurt me, and told him that I forgave him. I also showed him that I forgave him by telling my other family members that I forgave him, and encouraging positive interactions with this person and these family members. I want to continue pursuing peace in my relationships this year. One of the purposes of this blog is to chronicle the many things for which I am thankful. Before I end this post, I would like to list a few things that I am thankful for this week.

  • I enjoyed a day watching my kids scooter and skate around the neighborhood.
  • My kids had a fun day at a friend's birthday party.
  • I found a pair of keys that I had lost.
  • I enjoyed volunteering in children's church in my youngest children's classroom.
  • I love having a phone conversation catching up with a dear friend.
  • Each of my children were proud of their grades on their report cards.
  • I love seeing my children experiment with the creative and artistic side of their personalities.  

Did you chose a word for the year? What is your word teaching you? What are you thankful for this week?




Comments

  1. My verse of the year Jeremiah 6:16 “Stand at the crossroads and look;
    ask for the ancient paths,
    ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
    and you will find rest for your souls.
    But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romans 12:18 is my verse for the year. Thank you for sharing your verse, Mandy! I hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating