Five Minute Friday Life

          I played the song There Goes My Life  after my children left for their visit with their Dad the last week of Christmas break. These visits with their Dad, teach me each time how much their laughter, silly antics, and funny stories fill my days. In a lot of ways, I spend their visits with their Dad looking forward to the next time that I get to talk to them. I need to do a better job of remembering this when I have heard "Mom" being called out for the tenth time, while I am trying to cook dinner. I need to remember that it is a blessing every time that I am interrupted from what I am doing by my children. During this season of my life, being my children's mom is one of my most important roles. May I remember this on the long days. Far too soon, my children will be grown adults. May I show them that they are a priority to me while they are young.


life

Comments

  1. Children are great but we need to take care of ourselves too. Otherwise, we're not able to love them well. Thanks for posting. Blessings upon blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dear friend told me that when I told her how much I missed my kids. I need to do a better job of planning times of self care, especially when my children are with their Dad. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. My children are, yes, quite the best
    but they do not obey my laws;
    instead they put me to the test
    for all of them, they have four paws.
    They chat amongst themselves at night
    in irritation and in joy,
    and some think that perhaps I might
    be a very good chewing-toy.
    I have lost count of their number;
    sixteen, perhaps, and all inside;
    some think my whole life is a blunder,
    myriad dogs at eventide.
    Not one was ever turned away
    from shelter, Lord, come what may.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating