Five Minute Friday Direction

          As a Mom, I often feel like I am wandering around in circles. I am in the middle of doing something when one of my children yells, "Mom!", and then I go tend to whatever my child may need. I then try to figure out what I was doing before my child interrupted me. I admit that sometimes that I get frustrated about all the interruptions. This is one thing that my children's visits with their father has taught me, that when my children are not here I miss the interruptions. So, I am trying to remember to handle the interruptions with grace. I want to give my children directions with the same grace that God gives me. I want to gently encourage my children to get back on track, as my Heavenly Father calls me when I wander and lose my way. I know I do this imperfectly, but I want to love my children well and point them to their Heavenly Father who loves them perfectly.





Comments

  1. visiting via FMF #25, it's funny how that is right? How we get annoyed when we're interrupted, but when they are away, we miss the annoyances as it's part of who they are. I'm still learning this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am definitely still learning this, but I am trying to remember to view the interruptions as blessings this week. I hope that you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Interruptions are a blessing from your kids. I know it doesn’t always seem that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to remember to keep the right perspective. I hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Cancer interrupted me,
    and I thought, "Well, this does suck,"
    but I have lately come to see
    I've fallen on the best of luck.
    No, my friend, there is no cure,
    and no abeyance to the pain,
    but you can darn well be sure
    that I'll be here as I remain
    to cherish every given minute
    and fill the hours with channeled grace
    so that my life, whatever's in it,
    will turn another to God's face
    such that when it's here, my time to go
    I might be someone God will know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poems never cease to encourage and inspire me. I will be carrying these thoughts with me throughout the day especially the last six lines. I am praying for you and Barb.

      Jolene

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating