Five Minute Friday Settle

          I have felt unsettled in some shape or form for a long time. I did not feel at home in my home when I was married because the situation was toxic. I was always waiting for the other proverbial shoe to drop. Then, I would have to deal with the fallout and clean up the mess. And even though I have been a single mom for almost two years, I still deal with feelings of being unsettled. These feelings probably come from merging my household with my parents. Six people in one house can feel a little crowded at times. Also, a part of me still wishes that my story was different. I am learning though that I do have a choice on how settled I feel. I can chose to focus on my circumstances, or I can chose to focus on God. I can chose to focus on the imperfections of life, or I can turn my eyes on the One who is Perfect. Lord, please help me to stop focusing on all that I wish were different, and instead be thankful for the many blessings in my life. I will close this post with a song from For King and Country.


Comments

  1. If I wished that things were different,
    then what would I say to Belle?
    To be service dog, she was sent
    from life that would not end well.
    I must be careful not to be
    my lot in life a-cursing,
    Getting rid of cancer's malady
    brings, too, blessings' reversing.
    The yesterdays cannot be changed,
    and they are part of who I've become.
    There's tomorrow to be re-arranged,
    and it's that race I must run.
    If I appreciate life I am a winner,
    and...uh, oh, Belle just ate my dinner!

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/11/your-dying-spouse-694-give-away-healing.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Belle sounds like she would be a wonderful dinner companion. I really appreciate this poem that you shared with me. Thank you for stopping by. I am praying for you and Barb. -Jolene

      Delete
  2. So many of us are feeling unsettled at the moment. Blessings to you my friend! I’m blessed to be your neighbor this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was encouraged by your Five Minute Friday post Tara. Blessings to you also. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating