Day 4 Five Minute Friday The Importance of Listening

          Part of the reason that I struggled with being honest with God and others in my life, is that I knew that I would not like some of their responses to my speaking truth. I knew I would be called to action, to make scary, somewhat uncomfortable changes. It seemed easier to tell everyone that I was fine than to step out and faith and take the steps to freedom that I needed to take. I have learned that it is important to listen, especially if several people you trust are saying similar things. A dear friend even told me one time that it was unfair to seek Godly counsel for the same situation that kept on occurring over and over again if I was not even considering the advice I was given. I am so thankful that I eventually listened and took the leap of faith improving my life and the lives of my children.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing! It can be challenging listening to advice we know is good advice but we are not ready to receive. Grateful, for me at least, it’s progress and not perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I am thankful that God and the encouraging friends he put in my life saw me through that tough time.

      Delete
  2. You did what you needed to do. And it was the best decision for you and your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara! I am very thankful for the community that God has brought around my children and me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating