Day 26 Accept Help

          One reason that being honest about my needs was difficult is because it is hard for me to admit that I need help. I like pretending that I have it all together even when I do not. It is also hard to accept help, especially if I am in no position to return the favor. I have been blessed with friends who have helped me in really dark seasons. My youngest daughter wore a shirt the other day that had been given to her by one of my friends a couple of years ago. My friend gave this shirt to my daughter on the day that I left my abusive marriage. This friend cared for my children while another friend was helping me pack my and my children's things, and while I was obtaining a protective order. As I was taking these steps, my friend was fixing my children breakfast, and washing and styling my children's hair. The shirt that was given to my youngest was a part of this makeover that she gave my girls, trying to not only entertain my children but put them at ease. I am so thankful that I accepted help on that day, and I hope that one day I will be able to help and encourage others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating