Day 25 Am I worrying or worshipping while I wait?

          When I am in a season of waiting, I tend to worry about all the details that are out of my control. I travel down the road of "what if's" instead of finding a better use of my time. I am reminded of a quote by Erma Bombeck, 

Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.” 

I also sometimes try to stay busy instead of dealing with fear or grief. I tell myself that I do not have time to process these emotions. When in reality, I do not want to take the time to get alone with my Heavenly Father and pour my heart out to Him. I love King David's example in the Psalms. He told God exactly how he felt about a situation, and then he allowed God to change his perspective. I want to give my cares to God and worship while I wait.




Comments

  1. Worship while we wait! Yes. #42 fmf community

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  2. Worshipping while we wait is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it truly is Tara. It helps up take our eyes off our circumstances and put them on God. I hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating