Day 23 I Need to Reach Out

          I need community, but being vulnerable in community is hard. It at times seems easier to not share my story. It seems easier to stay quiet. I even make excuses telling myself that my friends are too busy with their own lives to listen to what is going on with me. I have found that when I reach out to friends and loved ones, I am encouraged. I am comforted. Sometimes, friends and family will give me a fresh perspective or an idea about solving my problems. Often just having a loved one listening to my story makes me feel so much better. I need to remember on the days that I am playing phone tag or texts that might get forgotten in the busyness of life to keep reaching out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating