Day 2 The Gift of Living an Honest Life

          Living an honest life is a gift. It is a gift to my friends and loved ones, but I was surprised to realize how big of a gift it is to myself. It is a gift to not hide behind saying that I am fine when I am not. It is a gift to not pretend that I have it all together, because I don't. It is a gift to acknowledge that there are broken pieces of my story. I still have questions that I surrender to God daily. I am not saying that I have to tell every person I meet exactly how I am feeling or all that is going on with me. What I am saying is that I can chose my group of friends and loved ones with which to share my thoughts and feelings, and I certainly can tell my Heavenly Father anything I think or feel. Honesty truly is a gift.






Comments

  1. Amen! I know how hard it is to be honest—when my hubs had cancer, and people asked me how I was doing, I always said, ‘fine.’ But I wasn’t. I’m learning to be more honest, and it sure is better for my health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am finding that being honest is better for my health too. Thank you for stopping by and sharing a little of your story, Anita.

      Delete
  2. Honesty is a great GIFT. In all forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe strongly in honesty, too. Honesty is hard! But it's the only way to satisfy the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Honesty with ourselves is also the first step to healing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating