Day 17 Consistently being honest with God and others

          Living honestly with God and others can be hard. It can difficult being vulnerable with friends and loved ones. There have been times that I didn't want to admit my struggles, because I was so tired of dealing with the same struggles over and over again. I felt like I was circling the same mountain. I wanted to be normal. I wanted to pretend that everything was okay. Making the choice to be consistently honest helped me because I realized my friends and family asked me how I was doing because they genuinely cared. Saying that I was fine when I wasn't only led to isolation. Isolation caused me to feel even greater sadness. Being consistently honest wasn't always easy, but it did eventually lead to healing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating