Day 15 Living Openly With Loved Ones

          One thing that I have learned on this journey, is that after the trauma of domestic violence I can at times be easily triggered. My wedding anniversary will most likely never be one of my favorite days of the year. I just need to give myself and others grace and ask God to help me get through that day. Also I need to remember that my loved ones may say something that reminds me of my ex-husband or the abusive situation that I used to live in, For the most part, people may say something that is perfectly innocent not realizing those words cause me pain. This can also happen with a song on the radio, a movie or anything that reminds me of my past. What I have learned is that it is important to be honest with my family about my feelings. It is also perfectly okay to take a mental health day on anniversaries or other days that I know will be challenging. Living openly with loved ones helps me to take steps out of isolation and into freedom and joy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating