Day 14 Discerning God's Voice in a Noisy World

1 Kings 19:13
And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”


           I love that scripture show us that God often asks questions that He knows the answer to, to reveal the heart of the issue to His children. He did this with Adam and Eve in Genesis, and I am sure that there are other examples in scripture as well. One of the ways that I believe that God speaks to us today is through scripture. I am so encouraged when I come across the same verse through multiple formats during the course of the day. It is almost like God is saying to me, "Daughter this is what I want you to remember today." One of the things that stand out to me from the story of Elijah is that God could have used any tone of voice that He wished but He spoke to Elijah in a whisper.  Am I quieting myself to listen to the whispers from God's word and prayer? May I quiet my heart and listen for His voice today.


Comments

  1. What are you doing here Elijah? Some friends started a band and wrote a song about Elijah. Those words were the chorus. Love that story in Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so thankful that God showed us that even the prophet experienced fear and God comforted them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Day Three Fascinating