Is God's definition of success different than mine?

Proverbs 16:3 Amplified Bible (AMP)


[a]Commit your works to the Lord [submit and trust them to Him],
And your plans will succeed [if you respond to His will and guidance].
     I admit that at times I don't feel very sucessful. As a mom, sometimes my measure of success is whether I get my children through bedtime stories, prayers, and tuck ins without any of us having a melt down (myself included.) I read something interesting this week though. A hard day doesn't necessarily mean that I failed. My evaluation of success or failure should not depend on my circumstances. Rather the question should be have I walked with Jesus today? Did I remember that I am not alone? Did I remember that He loves me? Did I fix my eyes on Him? Did I share his love with others that I encountered during my day? Did I ask God to lead, guide, and direct me? This is the true measure of success.




success

Comments

  1. Excellent reminder! God is so much easier on us when it comes to "success" than we are, isn't He? He just wants US and our focus; all the rest will take care of itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so thankful He is! "Seek Ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33. I hope you have a lovely week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 Try New Things Once

Five Minute Friday Grief

Day Three Fascinating